Have more questions? Text Coach Rob at 303-591-4022 and we will reply and post your answers here for the community!
will teams still be traveling and competing this summer?
Like most organizations, we are regularly monitoring the current information from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), State and Local health organizations, as well as other community organizations. We are in contact with each of the local, regional and national tournament organizers as well, who are all following the same information. Unless advised otherwise by these agencies, or unless events are cancelled, we plan to continue to move forward with our proposed summer Elite competition schedule. Based on unfolding developments, we will make appropriate modifications to the planned schedule as needed and will notify our teams right away. The health and safety of each of our athletes and their families has always been, and remains, our first priority, as evidenced by the detailed planning that always goes into our Elite Summer itineraries.
what precautions is shine taking to protect academy members and teams?
If we are open, we will continue to follow the advice of CDC (Centers for Disease Control), State and Local guidelines regarding safe and preventative measures in response to the COVID-19 respiratory illness. Our gym facility is being cleaned and disinfected regularly, we are encouraging safe interactions between our members and guests, are providing sanitized restrooms and hand washing areas, and are reiterating to all of our members and guests to stay home if they are exhibiting any symptoms of illness out of consideration for our Shine community and the community at large.
will shine offer refunds for fees paid towards elite travel in the event of cancellation?
Yes, we will provide a refund of fees paid for cancelled events whenever possible. Under normal circumstances, most tournament fees are refundable in the event of a cancellation from the tournament organizer. When we purchase airfare for the teams, we often work through group purchasing departments at the airlines to take advantage of discounted pricing and those fares are usually not refundable or eligible for travel insurance, yet we always explore that option and will refund all fees that we can in the event we can't use the tickets. Hotel and ground transportation expenses are only incurred when we actually travel so those funds would be refunded if we did not make a trip.
I have received an offer for a summer team. What do i do next?
Congratulations on receiving an offer! If you haven't already you should be receiving a welcome email outlining all the steps necessary to accept your offer and to prepare for your upcoming season. If you have any questions, contact Coach Rob via text at 303-591-4022.
WHAT TRAVEL GUIDELINES does SHINE FOLLOW FOR ELITE TEAMS?
Shine has always prioritized the health and safety of all of our traveling athletes, and our travel protocols have always been far in excess of basic travel programs. All travel is planned, booked, and coordinated for our Elite athletes and families from our Shine business office allowing us to ensure compliance to all safety standards and to reassure our parents that their athletes will be cared for and monitored at all times while away from home.
- Teams travel together to and from all out of state events - boarding passes or ground transportation is arranged by Shine for all of our teams allowing for discounted travel costs as well as accountability for all athletes.
- Teams stay together in the same hotel in assigned rooms. When possible, traveling family members may take advantage of any discounts on hotel rooms as a part of the Shine reservation block. Coaches stay in the same hotel as the athletes and monitor the safety and needs of each athlete while away from home.
- Travel itineraries are created for every Shine trip, which includes all travel details and daily schedules to ensure that athletes are best prepared for team competition as well as allowing for team film reviews, meals, and proper rest periods.
- All applicable health and safety protocols are followed specifically throughout every trip from athlete departure to return.
- Constant communication is maintained between the traveling team and families at home through Elite team apps, text, and phone to provide regular updates regarding the location and status of the team.