"Shine training is very unique, where you will not find many training environments like it. Training focuses on not only the basketball aspect of the game, but the toughness aspect. If you love to work and have the attitude and desire to get better, then Shine training is perfect for you. Training will help improve your basketball skills and will also help you get stronger and in better shape. Coach Rob knows exactly what skills to work on that will help every athlete improve their game, whether it’s ball handling, teaching basketball IQ, or simply learning how to use the pick and roll. Shine training has contributed to my success in many ways, especially in terms of learning simple basketball details that not many athletes know and will put me ahead of my competitors. It has also made me a better person off the court. I would strongly recommend Shine training if you are looking to improve your game, on and off the court."
focused training. life-changing impact.
You’re doing some big things in Colorado. Keep up the good work and continue to encourage all those in your circle of influence to do the things the right way. As you say #TrusttheProcess.
We are very impressed with the whole Shine Program. My daughter has made SERIOUS progress over the last year in both skills and confidence on the court and in understanding all aspects of the game. Coach Rob provides challenging workouts and skill sessions and is also extremely supportive and encouraging. Shine is about more than basketball. Rob focuses on sportsmanship, being a leader and having a positive attitude along with many other valuable life skills. Top Notch Program!
We were looking for an additional skills practice for our daughters. They both play basketball competitively but practices don’t seem to allow enough time to work on the skills that they need to become better players. We found Shine and got way more than we expected. The extra work and skills practice is definitely there but we were also introduced to the most empowering culture. Rob leads from the front and truly gets to know each player and builds a relationship with them. His energy and attitude is contagious and the rest of the staff and all of the kids feed off of his energy and create a positive, safe, and empowering community. In over 10 years of our kids being involved in sports, this is by far the most impressive program they have been involved in. The coaching provided is exactly what the girls need to continue to grow as the athletes they want to be.
- N. Pears
My son Brian has been training with Shine for over 2 years now. The improvements in his game have been dramatic! He understands the game and how to be successful in the sport, knows what he should be doing and why he should be doing it, and works regularly with Shine on the skills to execute that vision. We started with Shine to improve his basketball skills, but the reason that we stay with Shine is the impact it has on his character. Shine commits to a caring yet disciplined approach to the sport, with regular positive feedback to the players. Everyone in the gym is expected to be a leader, speak up if they have questions, understand what they are doing and why they are doing it, and care for themselves and others. These are all excellent lessons to learn in basketball, but they are even better life lessons.
- G. Hinderliter
Our son has been attending Shine skills training for the past 6 months. During that time we have seen a dramatic increase in not only his ability, but his confidence as well. We have been to several clinics, camps, and other skills training groups, but Shine far surpasses them all. We’ve been impressed with the level of skills taught, the professionalism of the instructors, and the integrity of the coaching staff; building a truly well rounded player in our son!
- J. Domsch
Thanks Coach I had a great summer traveling and laughing with the team. I will take everything I learned this summer into my senior year.
- Giannah Thrower, Shine Elite U17 2018
Thank you for everything coach rob. These past 5 years with Shine have been amazing and unforgettable. I’ve grown so much not only as a player but also as a person. You have always been a huge supporter of everything that I’ve done and pushed me to the next level. Thank you and I can’t wait to move on to the next level because of what Shine has taught me!
- Ryan Paswaters, Shine Elite U17 2018
We have been blessed to be a part of Shine for almost a year now where he feels at home, and where he loves to come to learn and be challenged. Your coaching style and encouragement have helped him grow from being one of the least confident, least skilled players on his team (before Shine) to one of the top three players on his team today (in my honest opinion).
Thank you again for all that you do!
- Kim Degney
We have really enjoyed the experience with shine so far. Kali loves how everyone supports one another and that even though it's hard work it is fun! Kali is looking forward to working hard, having fun, and getting better at basketball this summer!
We have been very impressed about your program. Some of the positive things that we like are as follows:
1. It was very impressive to see the core strength that players in your program have. I have never seen players do sit ups and other exercises while dribbling. We like the strength and endurance that you put your players through. Briahna is small for her age, and we know that this requirement will really improve her strength and stamina on the court.
2. We really liked the positive mindset that your players had, especially the leaders. We have always been a part of a team where the girls encourage each other, however, we have never been a part of a team where players encourage complete strangers. We are excited to see how this program will continue to develop excellent character traits and leadership skills within Briahna.
3. We are very impressed with the fact that your program runs all the way through high school. Most programs that are logistically close to us end their program once players enter high school.
4. It seems that the program will be financially reasonable. It seems to be comparable to other club teams that we have been a part of.
5. We like that if Briahna doesn't make a team, she still has the opportunity to increase her skill and technique through your academy. That is the primary reason why we left her last team. Her last team chose not to play spring season, Briahna wanted to keep playing, forcing us to look elsewhere.
6. Though we don't know yet how your specific training plan works for each player, it seems quite impressive to hear about player notebooks. Briahna has a lot of skill and technique that needs to be refined and improved. One area going against her is her size. We are confident that your staff can help her learn skills and techniques that will help her become an improved player, regardless of her size.
Thanks again for the opportunity that you have given Briahna.
Mike and Heidi Davis
I just have to take a moment this morning to let you know how impressed I am with the session last night. I want to do a special shout out to the older girls and the welcoming atmosphere they provided for Brianna. She was the smallest girl out there and I saw more than one of the older girls help her, talk to her, encourage her, and give her high fives. This made a new, somewhat scary, situation for a shy young girl acceptable and I even saw her smile a couple of times. The atmosphere they fostered is commendable and mature for their years. Brianna left with a very positive experience for her first organized basketball event.
Comments from attending their first trial workout
It's not big steps, but small habits repeated daily, that creates success!
Time and repetition. The only things between you and your goals.
Your only competition is YOU.